Look at the picture below and answer the following questions:
- What time of the day is it
? Isit early spring or a late fall?
- Is the river navigable?
- Which direction does the river flow? (North, East, South or West?)
- Is the river deep or shallow at the side where the boat is?
- Is there a bridge across the river nearby?
- How far is the railroad from here?
- Do the birds fly North or South?
2. People are sowing the crops, so it is early spring.
8. Since it is spring, birds are flying North.
1. Since birds are flying North, the shadows are pointing East, and therefore it is morning.
4. Judging by the water around the buoy, the river is flowing South.
3. Since there is a buoy, the river must be navigable.
5. The fishing line is long, so the river must be deep.
6. There would not be a ferry if there was a bridge nearby.
7. The guy on the left looks like a railroad worker, so probably the railroad is nearby.