Home Page Forums Introduction Hello puzzlers

• Hello puzzlers

James updated 3 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Posts
  • James

March 4, 2021 at 1:29 am

I’m a big fan of all different kinds of puzzles, especially maths puzzles and logic mazes of the type popularised by Robert Abbott, which inspired me to create my own logic maze puzzle website at https://www.webmazes.net.

I have been reading and enjoying the great variety of puzzles on this site and look forward to getting to know you all better. I especially enjoy elegant puzzles that look simple on the surface but have a lot of hidden depths.

• Puzzle Prime

Administrator
    March 6, 2021 at 5:14 pm

Hey James,

Welcome to Puzzle Prime. I was just looking around your website and I really like what you are doing with it:) It reminded me of another interactive maze website , you may want to take a look for inspiration: clickmazes.com

If you would like some more specific feedback on the presentation and ideas, let me know and I will be happy to give you some:) Keep up the great work and stay safe!

• James

March 6, 2021 at 9:13 pm

Thanks for the kind words and pointing me at that clickmazes site. For some reason, I hadn’t come across it before, although I had heard of Andrea Gilbert because I remember doing one of her puzzles in the past.

Any feedback and ideas much appreciated! Although I’m not the greatest webdesigner in the world, so may not be capable of any drastic UI improvements! To be honest, I really enjoy making the puzzles, but building a website from scratch hasn’t been all that much fun.

The initial feedback has been that most people are finding them too hard. Personally, I like hammering away at a really hard puzzle until I crack it, but I realise everyone is different. A few people have adopted the same attitude as me and are managing to keep at the puzzles until they solve them. However, I have decided to throw away my lofty principles and add some easier ones over the next few weeks, to keep the punters happy!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now